Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Today has a been a very good day - mainly because I spent it with my two favorite people - MP and Ireland.

It's been a hectic few weeks - between our regular charade of work, school, daycare and day to day life - it's been a struggle to get us all together to just hang out and relax without someone (not always the baby) crying! So I scheduled a date for us to go the pumpkin patch. Anyone who knows me realizes that this was just basically my excuse to get to pumpkin patch. One of the things I love is being able to use Ireland as my excuse to bust out my inner (and very prominent) 5 - year old!

To begin, I've been waiting for this day all week. For one - last night I took the first part of my comps - a 4 hour seated exam. I was fried. Also, it finally got 'cool' here in Florida, and I was so happy to enjoy some fall weather. MP had to tend to work first thing this morning - so I took the baby and we hit up Target - early. Like soon after they opened and no one is in your way early. While there I got a call from one of my best mommy friends -Allison - and we shared some mommy things - great start to my day. Then I came home and nursed Ireland. Between busy schedules and school, I don't get to nurse her the way I used to and I look forward to the weekends when I can nurse her more and bottle feed her less. After she nursed, I put her in her swing for a nap and just did some odd stuff around those that somewhat resembled cleaning - although 10 hours later you can't tell that's what I did.

MP got home around 12:30 and we just sat and talked for a moment - and not about the baby. Lord knows she is the best thing that has ever been mine - but I miss my husband. So it was nice to have some time to face each other and chat. :) Then we got lunch and headed up to Sweetfield Farms.

Sweetfield Farms is the bomb diggity. It's located about 45 minutes away in the farmland. A place far enough away that there aren't palm trees, but instead cows and goats! A hidden gem that made you feel like it was really fall. I cannot possibly wait until next year and the year after when we can take Ireland and I can get dirty playing with her. For some reason today, I forgot to pack the stroller and the Baby Bjorn. Yup, I guess I used all my brain power yesterday. So we had to take turns carrying the baby - not that either of us really cared - but I will be glad when she can run around there! Not only are there tons of pumpkins of all sizes - there is kettle corn and apple cider - there are tons of things for the kids to do. I would love to pack a picnic and bring a blanket and plop down in the shade next year and just make a day of it. We could even all nap in the shade. HEY! A mom can dream!

Anyway, we took Ireland on her first hayride and she seemed to enjoy it. :) Ok, well, she didn't cry or scream so I can only infer from the non-verbals people.

Aside from almost losing my marbles on the way home, it was a perfect day. Ireland I think is entertaining her 3 month growths spurt - so her cries was not helping my dehydration headache. But, we worked it out which made this day my kind of perfect.

We got home and I nursed her and we played and laughed and iFaced with Aunt Twacee while Daddy builds us shelves in the garage.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment