Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Making my heart flutter

I absolutely love the sound of my little one’s heartbeat. I could listen to it all day. For starters, it’s always nice to know the baby is still doing well inside its temporary, efficiency apartment. But more than that, it’s amazing to know to know that MP and I created that very heartbeat. Haven’t even met the Popster yet and I already know it’s the coolest thing we ever did. That makes my heart flutter.

I went today for my monthly check up at the OB. I met with a third doctor in the practice, Dr. Dillon. Dr. Dillon was a very nice, calming man. I learned he’s from Pittsburgh. It all makes sense now why I liked him. He helped me a bit today because I’ve not yet felt Poppy kick. I knew this was to be expected as my placenta is front of my belly. He reassured me that by my next visit, I should be feeling kicks! I can’t wait!

I’m now 17.5 weeks along and feeling great. RLS has been acting up a bit more lately but that’s not surprising, or for me, really pregnancy related. I’ve been feeling great and I am enjoying playing landlord to our bundle of joy! I can't wait for MP to be able to feel the kicks. I am paitently waiting for that day!

We are starting to do more planning for the baby – including setting a date for the baptism. I’m so excited for that. We’ve asked one Godparent so far and that person was overjoyed. I hope the second one will be just as pleased.

MP and I enjoyed a really nice weekend that consisted of just hanging out together and doing things as they came up, which was nice. We went to the horse races and to meet a friend for his birthday. Pregnancy hasn’t slowed me down at all and I appreciate that.

Let’s go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment