Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An exciting start to the New Year!

Today was my first day back to work since Christmas Eve. It was so nice to have time off as it was unexpected and my parents were here. Additionally, it was so awesome to hang out with Ireland again, I love that little peanut.

It was a bit rough getting up this morning. I brought her into my bed to nurse her around 8am and she was just so sweet and cuddly. She would stop nursing to stare up at me and brush my face. Oh, how I love it. I didn't want to let it end. You know, as someone who never planned to breastfeed, its moments just like that which remind me why I am so happy that I do. The bonding is the best part, ever.

Relentlessly - I took her to daycare and her teachers were very happy to see her. :) They missed her.

By about 2pm, I was missing Ireland pretty bad. I was very anxious to go retrieve her. So I walk in and Miss Keiza says "She has tooth?" I said, "What?!" and she said "I thought you knew!" HA So there it is, Ireland has one tooth! She just cut the bottom left one today! And the bottom right one is darn near close it seems! My little baby girl! Oh, as excited as I am, it breaks my heart, too. TOO FAST!!

Additionally, Ireland reached for me for the first time. It was amazing. I sat down by her and Miss Val at daycare and she reached out for me to hold her. I about died. She was so happy and cheerful and just so full of smiles when she saw me. I could take that moment over and over in my life. It's the best!

Then Miss Ireland went to grab a toy from another little baby. Oye! We can't start that!

We came home tonight and played. We cuddled. We read. It was a perfect night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment