Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ireland's First Airplane Ride

As I sit down to write, I am astonished that it is already January 23rd! Where has this first month of the year gone already?

The last few weeks have flown by as we took Ireland on her first plane ride to a cold and balmy Pittsburgh, PA! I had to go away on business for work to Raleigh, NC so I had to leave the night before MP and Ireland. My first night away from MP and Ireland at the same time, that was no fun! My plane from Raleigh to Pittsburgh was delayed so I didn't get to my parents house until nearly 11pm. Too late to see Ireland. However, when I heard her cry, I did run up those steps and rock that beautiful baby back to sleep. Swoon!

MP said she did wonderful on her plane ride up to Pittsburgh. She slept half of the flight and was happy the rest. She was not as good for me, but darn near close. We both got sick in Pittsburgh and I think her ears were bothering her, so once she got a bottle on her way down, she was good to go!

Our trip to PA started off with a Thursday night out with some friends. Nan and Pop took Ireland on one of her fussy nights (thanks grandparents) and let us go out to the Southside to Fatheads for dinner. It so weird to drive down Carson street now. My life has changed so much since I spent my weekends there, its hard to explain. Its like I don't belong there and its just weird. But we had a great time and shared a lot of laughs with friends. It was great for my soul.

Friday we went to visit Natalie, MP's sister and her family. MP's Aunt Fran came to visit, too. It was a great time! We returned home with Ireland and I sick, and Pop not feeling well. We all survived a FABULOUS open house at my parents house on Sunday. About 40 people showed up to see us and meet Ireland. It was a great day. I am so thankful for all of our friends and family who drove up to see us. THANK YOU!!

The rest of our time in PA was not as expected as Pop ended up needing emergency surgery to get his appendix out. That put a bit of a kink in the rest of our plans, but mainly it was just disappointing for everyone b/c that was less time me and Ireland got with Pop. Thankfully, he is feeling better and is recovering well.

The rest of the trip I got to see some great friends, their kiddos and introduce Renee to Indian food! It was fabulous.

It is nice to be back, but its always sad to leave family and friends.

Thank you to everyone who made the trip to the cold northeast worth it! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment