Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Letting Go...

Letting go seems to be a theme that keeps recurring for me....and I don't like it.

As much as I love Ireland moving into the next phase, or doing something new or growing bigger, I always feel a twinge of pain when letting go of the previous phase.

I was very blessed to be given so many wonderful gifts and hand me downs for Ireland. As Ireland grows up, I simply don't have the room in my house to keep everything for if and when the next baby comes along. As a result, I donated Ireland's tummy time mat and her bouncer chair to daycare today. I felt so giving up the bouncer. Not because I may need it in the future, but because it means that is no longer a wee little baby. Oh, right through the heart. I just want to slow the time down a little bit, please! This is painful!

I remember when my BFF Missy was in town, Ireland was almost 2 months old. I had my first night of graduate school for the semester and was gone for hours...my longest time away from Ireland. I came home that night, rocked her to bed and cried, b/c it was all going too fast. I almost cried again last night with the introduction of the tooth. :(

Today when I went to pick up Ireland, she was a hoot. I got saw her sitting in a bumbo with her back to me. I got side tracked by a teacher who was talking to me on my way to go grab her. Once she heard my voice, she literally arched complete back (think back bend) and was staring at me upside down while I spoke...waiting patiently. Once I acknowledged her she starting fake crying until I scooped her up. What a little brat! I scooped her and got lots of hugs, kisses and smiles.

Then today Miss Val told me that Ireland was kissing one of the twin boys on his head today - what a FLIRT! That little hussy! :) Boy, am I going to be in trouble?

No comments:

Post a Comment