Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 weeks, 3 days

It has been 10 days since I got to see my little Poppyseed on the sonogram and I miss shim! :) I can't wait for January 3rd.

Pregnancy is so funny. It's just so interesting to see how my body changes.

For starters - my sleeping is more goofed up than ever. I'm tired every day around 5pm. Like exhausted. I tried to clean my whole 'mini' house on Saturday and had to stop to nap b/c I was so exhausted. Sad. Everyday between 4 and 5:30 I take a nap for 30 to 60 minutes. I wake up as if I just slept for years, still groggy and out of it. So odd. I wake up almost every morning at 4am or 5am to potty, and sometimes I am up for an hour or so watching tv as a result. (Sidebar: I got hooked on some series called 'Crash' a spinoff from the movie. Not great -but better than the 'Sensa' Infomercials! Cuz shaking powder on my sonic fastfood is REALLY gonna help me lose weight.) All I gotta say is thank God I work from home and have flexibility. I heart Hodes iQ.

My appetite is still as weird as before. I wake up at 5am and I'm usually craving a real meal. But I wake back up at 8am and I can't fathom food. It's a chore to eat some toast. Seriously - I woke up last Thursday at 5am, so hungry I almost drove myself to Ihop for breakfast. But, it was cold out. I wanted eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, etc. All I have been eating for breakfast is toast or bagels. Instead, I met MP at the Wolfs Den, our favorite diner, for lunch and scarfed down a corned beef and hash omelette, hashbrowns and half a cup of grits. It was like I just stumbled upon food. I got cocky, thinking my morning sickness was gone. But, Poppyseed quickly reminded me who is boss and decided to help me toss my breakfast on Friday...back to square one. Overall, the queasiness and morning sickness has lightened up a lot, but I am still skeptical.

I went to Publix tonight and stood in front of the veggies salivating. The peppers looked so good, so did the cauliflower. But, I wanted to hurl thinking about them, as I am queasy right now as I type it. So, my grilled cheese dinner, fruit and tostitos it is. How I have only gained 4 bls, I HAVE NO IDEA. But, THANK YOU GOD!

I did go a week on a vegetarian diet and my RLS did not exist for that week. So...I will be doing more testing of that theory after the holidays. I've been eating substantially less meat over the past weeks though. As I type this at 10:26pm, I am eating strawberries, blackberries and bluberries. Not sure why, but its good and I need the nutrients.

My belly is not showing yet, of course. But I think its a matter of weeks. I did purchase some maternity clothes this weekend. I got a few sweaters for up north and a pair of jeans. MP loves the jeans on me. Says that they are flattering. Who knew that maternity pants would make my husband happy? I'll take it! I love the store Motherhood Maternity and the sales ladies are tremendous. They make shopping for clothes fun.

OH, I almost forgot. I have this idea for a Hoops & YoYo themed nursey if it's a girl. I contacted a friend who is married to Hallmark guy today. Well turns out her BFF is the creator of Hoops & YoYo and I can get the stuff I need to make Hoops & YoYo fatheads. YAY!

I'm excited to go home for the holidays and see my mom. I wish I had a baby bump to share with her, but in due time.

We are almost out of the first trimester and that is crazy to me, just a few more weeks. I feel blessed and I thank God we've made it this far. I hope he continues to bless this little baby.

Really, who eats almost $7 in pre-cut fruit while writing a blog? I have problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment