Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sunshine in Darkness

I just wrote a post and I struggled with whether or not to put these next set of thoughts in the same post, and decided that they should be separate.

Weeks ago I shared on here that I learned that a dear friend of mine was due just days after me. I am sad to report that we received very sad news of loss last week. I felt incredibly sad for my sweet friend. Life is just so unfair at times and its often so hard to understand what God has in store for us. All too often we try to interfere with God's work, we argue it try to control it. I am so guilty of this. But not my friend. When she shared her news with me, I was amazed at the strength of her words and the positive attitude she displayed in the face of such sadness. It was then that I realized she was teaching me a lesson and I appreciate that so much.

I want my friend to know that I find her to be one of the most pleasant and kind hearted people I have truly ever met. Sunshine and happiness radiates off of her at all times. I never hear her speak ill of people and I never hear her complain about life. Her permanent disposition is one of honor and poise and something I not only admire, but truly strive to be, however often I may fail. She is brave and courageous and strong. I have no doubt that God has a greater plan for her and I can't wait to see her happiness as The plan unfolds.

Friend, please know that I am here for you. I am proud and honored to call you my friend. Enjoy your holiday vacation away, you deserve relaxation and rejuvenation.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment