Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Babymoon 2011

MP and I were due to be at our timeshare this week, but with the anticipated arrival of our lil'shamrock, we knew we couldn't spend the week in Ft. Myers. As such, someone rented the condo for the weekend, and we were pretty bummed. Neither of us wanted to sit around our house or our town for the holiday weekend - especially after our doctor said that Ireland didn't seem to want to make her entrance anytime soon.

So, with a little last minute planning and the doctors permission - we decided to travel 4 hours south and head into Ft. Lauderdale. We packed up our goodies, including our hospital bags just in case and said let's go! Worst case scenario I would have the baby along alligator alley and pray that an EMT would find us....OR...on second thought...they have hospitals all over the state!

We left on Saturday AM and got to our hotel around 1. For a hotel that we booked less than 24 hours in advance and was a great rate - this hotel was really nice. We were upgraded to the junior suite and suddenly it was a chore to get us out of the hotel room! We had a beautiful balcony that was positioned on the inter coastal, with a view of the beach to the left. Fantastic!











We decided to get in the pool and nap on the inter coastal in one of the sun beds.
We watched beautiful yachts go by in between our drowsiness and sounds of DMB and David Gray playing off our iPod. Life sure is good.

POOL BOUND:


Lounging with my love


We had dinner with our friends Bryce and Mimi and their children on Saturday night. Went to a local little seafood joint and enjoyed some good company! It was nice to feel like we were on vacation and just be out in the mix.



DISCLAIMER: This paragraph is somewhat gross for those that are easily grossed out, so you may wish to skip.
Saturday night after dinner, we got home and were watching TV when I had to use the bathroom for the 800th time that day. As I sat there, I heard something fall into the toilet (TMI???) and I thought, oh shoot. Yup, as I looked down, I saw it. No, not Mr. Hankey, but Mrs. Mucus Plug. Just hanging out. Completely clear and looking like the wax they put in swimmers ears, I should have known better than to freak. I mean, after ALL I have read and heard and learned in classes I have paid for, I knew that is NOT as surefire cue of impending labor, especially since there was no blood. HOWEVER, here we are 4+ hours from home, MP is crashed and I'm thinking - oh man, does this mean we have to leave tomorrow?

So, I went and woke up MP. He asked "are you having contractions?" I said 'no'. He said, then don't worry about it. YA right. These men, they have it so easy! :) So I went into the bedroom and was playing angry birds on my ipad, trying not freak out. 100 things are running through my mind and mainly, I just felt like 'OMG, labor is coming SOON'. As ready as I've been, I didn't feel ready at that moment. I took all his clothes out of the closet in the event we had to leave the hotel room in the middle of the night (I didn't want him to forget his shirts!) and sat in my room waiting for contractions and pain. Then I made MP get off the couch and come lay in bed with me so I wouldn't be alone. He did. He is the sweetest and I adore him.

By Sunday morning, the rational side of me took over. As MP asked me why his shirts were laying on his suitcase and not hanging in the closet, my head hung down in shame (ya, that same Denver the Lab kinda shame I referenced before) and I just giggled. MP looked at me with that ever so common "what the heck am I going to do with you look" and we just laughed.

We headed to the hotel restaurant for some coffee and breakfast. Because I did pass my mucus plug, I did not want to get in the ocean or pool, so MP scouted out the water taxi. So we got on a boat and road up and down the inter coastal waterway all day. Admiring big houses and bigger boats. We saw where Leno and the Taco Bell owner lives and just people watched the freaks on our boat! It did start raining and we had missed getting the connecting water taxi to Hollywood, FL. Drenched from the rain shower, we got off on the riverwalk so we could sit in the Irish pub and share a Reuben and do more people watching. It was so nice! Afterwards, we walked around the Las Olas shopping area and dipped into an restaurant for coffee and dessert. By this time, my body was hurting, and it was time to take a nap. An hour later we got off the boat and climbed into the bed for a nap for a hours before heading to Primanti's for a much needed Pittsburgh style sammy!



After dinner, we just came back to the hotel room and crashed. It was 10pm and we are old and I am knocked up! At 5 months, I was able to be a trooper in a bar until 2am drinking water. At 9 months, I am not! Woe is me!

We got up yesterday and had breakfast, walked to the beach and then napped until we had to leave. How pathetic are we? WE LOVED IT!!!

I am really thankful we had the opportunity to get away at the last minute and enjoy our babymoon!

CERVIX UPDATE: I went to the doctor today - cervix is still hard. As my sweet friend Anne said, I must be the hostess with the mostess b/c Ireland doesn't appear to be leaving this party anytime soon. So, stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment