Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Induction

It's official. I am going in tonight to begin the induction process.

I had a pretty rough weekend as the Pupps rash was in full effect. At one point on Saturday night the rash was so bad, I actually called the doctor I was so worried something more was wrong. He said I was going to be OK, but to move up my appointment on Monday, my due date.

Michael and I went into see our doctor on Monday morning. An examination proved that my cervix was STILL hard, so we decided to schedule our induction. The rash, while temporarily gone, will continue to come back until labor. So, we scheduled the induction for tomorrow, Thursday, so that my doctor would be on call. I've seen all but one doctor in the practice and I am fully OK with this doctor being my delivery doctor. It took me a while to warm up to her, but now I am very comfortable with her and I think I am lucky to have her.

I spent Monday and Tuesday wrapping things up for work. I ran errands to get last minute things for our hospital stay and I tried to relax. But, if you know me, you know that I do not relax well. :)

I took off today as my first day of maternity leave. I slept in a bit (I haven't been sleeping well - I rarely do) and I got up and had breakfast. Then I cleaned up my floors and did the last of Ireland's laundry. I met my sweet friend Erin for lunch and stopped at CVS for one more thing.

On my way home, I pulled into church to say a quick prayer. I was lucky that Deacon Scott was in, as Father David was out. So Deacon was able to take me in the little chapel and provide a nice gospel reading and blessing for me and Ireland. I sat down and had a few moments of prayer afterwards and I was suddenly filled with so much emotion so I had to leave.

There is no time for emotion. Right now, I'm focused on getting through labor and delivery and getting my beautiful baby girl in my hands. I really have a one track mind and I'm not thinking about a lot of extras. I have a job to get done and to get it through as well as possible and that's heavy on my mind and my nerves! YIKES. I am NERVOUS!

I am home now and MP is watching TV. I'm going to go hang out with him for a bit before I have to polish up the kitchen and pack up my bag and the car.

For my 'final' meal before I go in tonight, I think we will go somewhere for breakfast for dinner. That sounds good. I am scheduled to be in the hospital at 7:30 tonight and will get the cervadil to help ripen my cervix.

We should have a little baby girl tomorrow! Stay tuned and please, keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I got teary eyed reading this post (happy tears of course). i am so happy for you and Michael and wish you the best tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you! Hands down the best days of my life! Enjoy every moment with your sweet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete