Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Day

Today we had our first family day! MP took off work so we could spend the day together with Ireland. We've had visitors for 5 out of my 6 weeks of maternity leave and were excited to get some time together alone.

The day started out great - b/c MP offered to take the 4:30 feeding. I told him he didn't have to, b/c I need to get up to pump. He suggested I take the first feeding off and get some continuous sleep. That was not a great idea as I woke up sweating like a whore in church and I leaked all over my bed. So while he sat up on the rocker to feed the little, I laid on the couch with a the fan over my body trying to sleep. A for Effort MP, and thank you!! So, I got up 8 to nurse and went back to sleep until 10. Around 10:30 I rolled back into the bedroom and suggested that our family day should consist of us staying in bed but we opted to get out and move around.

By noon we were on our way to the mall - to window shop, eat lunch and hang out. We hit up two malls and ate at TooJays and P.F. Changs before retreating home. It was great to get out and hang together.

Now, my final semester of school started today and in 3 weeks I'll be back at work, boo!

I have to say, I am very impressed with Ireland. She is so not my child, she is so mild mannered and easy going! Aunt Tracey and I had her out tons last week - errands, malls, restaurants and now even today. I am hopeful that this will continue!! :)

Now to pray the next 14 days go really really slow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment