Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ireland is 4 Weeks Old!

I can't believe that 4 weeks ago today I was in labor, hours away from going into the OR to get my little, beautiful baby girl! These weeks have flown. I have 4 short weeks left with her and I pray every day that they will creep by, slowly like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

The past 4 weeks have been wonderful. Yes, I've had a few hormonal meltdowns, and yes, I don't get to sleep like I want to*, but I've hardly noticed. I would say that my years of restless leg and my inability to sleep well were great for parenthood. Combine it with the fact that we get 3-5 hours of sleep at once at night, I'm doing good.

My mom, now known as Nana, arrived to Florida two days after we got home from the hospital. She was such a humongous help - from cooking, to cleaning, to taking the baby so I could nap in between feedings. It was such a blessing and a treat to have her. It's been a long time since I got some 'girl' time with my mom, and it was nice to have that for a while.

Last week, I was blessed by one of my best best friends, Andrea, aka Sola. She came at a busy, chaotic week and was a great sport about seeing my boobs more than the outside of my house! She was here for me to vent to, to share my first postpartum beer and to make up all kinds of one-liners again! It was nice to giggle like that again!

My sister came in town over the weekend for Ireland's baptism and comes again this Saturday for 6 days! She has been a great aunt and godmother and we are looking forward to her arrival. We plan to eat foodz, watch moviez and gigglez. Sisterz!

We've had a plethora of friends being so generous with their time and money - from sending wonderful gifts, food, food certificates and coming to visit and keep me sane in these four walls.

My sister (in law) Kim came in from Orlando for the baptism and will be back soon. She is also a Godmother and was a big help in the hospital and day after. We look forward to more time with her.

We had Miss Carmen come over for a series of photo-shoots. We finally got 'the' image we were shooting for - among some other really special shots. Carmen, if you read this, I never tire of telling you that you rock! Thank you!

I've had a few days with 'just' Ireland. The first was rainy, so we did what any able bodied best gals would do - we napped and cuddled and had a little tummy time. We barely got out of our pj's and just hung out, me and my best gal! Yesterday we went to a Mom/Baby group at the hospital and made some new friends. We look forward to going next week. Afterwards we went to dinner with Dad and enjoy a little family night! Thank you to Aunt Amy for the Mac Grill giftcard!!

Today we had the pleasure of having Dad work from home - so we started doing our chores and had dad help when possible.

Now, little poop is swinging and I'm getting ready to clean up the floors before we have a lunch guest tomorrow!

I know that I need to add a lot of photo's and video's and I will....its just, I tend to get sidetracked by the sweet one I have - and she's so much more fun to hold than sitting on this clunky computer!:)


So I'll stop here for now - I gotta go pump some reserve, clean my floors and cook dinner! :) But I'm not complaining! I'm thankful I have food for my baby, a house for our family and two sweet ones to cook for!

I think you can view some pictures by clicking here:

No comments:

Post a Comment