Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An emotional day

Today was an emotional day. :( I cried, a lot.

For starters, Ireland has been fussy the last few days. I know that some parents have extra fussy kids, but so far, I have not. So a few days of a little more fuss than normal was a lot for us. By 3:30 this morning, I was not happy. Tired and cranky, I finally got 'mad' at Ireland...then felt really bad about it later.

I had to go for in for my 6 week checkup. All is clear and I can now get back to working out and start to shed this baby weight! I also got released to go back to work in 2 weeks. Boo.

On my way home from a target stop after the doctors, I realized that I only have two precious weeks home full time with my baby and I spent the morning of today mad at my beautiful girl. What a waste of time!

So I came home and nursed my baby and looked at her beautiful eyes. She is just so amazing. I can't believe I have to leave her a few days a week soon. She has been with me every single day since October and she is my buddy. I loved being pregnant, she was always with me. And for the past 6 weeks, I'm always with her. I know it may do us both some good to get a break twice a week, but I am not ready for it.

I keep trying to get Ireland to nap in her crib. I'm not ready to have her not in her bassinet in our room at night yet, but I do want her to get used to crib. I didn't have the heart to force her in it today. Instead, I let her snooze on my nap and we cuddled a lot! :)

I wish my mom were here. I wish she was able to come over daily and spend time with her granddaughter and me while I worked. Soon enough hopefully. This way I would have my mom here to console me! LOL :) Love you, Mom.

It's 11pm and I put her down to bed over an hour ago. she's fussing again so dad let her come out of the room and snooze on her nap. Thank God you can't teach a 6 week old baby bad habits. Tomorrow we can throw the ax down again on staying in the room all night, but for tonight, we'll enjoy our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment