Monday, January 3, 2011

Pregnancy Pet Peeves

I just have to say this before I explode. I have a hard time tolerating negative people. Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share (sometimes even more than my fair share) of negative moments and 'glass half empty' views on things. But I work hard to have a positive disposition and work to see the good in things.

I guess thats why it astounds me the number of people who go straight to the negative for so many things. I'm sure that many pregnant women and experiened mom's have faced this. Heck, I think that many NON-moms faces this all the time too.

You share good news, you are excited about something and there is always at least one party ruiner, one person to rain on your parade, one person to put a cloud over your ray of sunshine. Why on earth is that? What happened to the old rule "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

I love when I tell people I'm pregnant, with my apparent glow - and they say "oh, great, sleep now". As if I didn't know that babies wake up constantly and the first few months are tough. HA! Thanks for the 411!

I could go on and on with examples like this I have encountered in the first trimester.

Personally, I find it sad. I find it sad that people are negative. Life is full of negative things. Sucker punches and crappy moments. So when I'm busy relishing in some of lifes finer things and miracles in life, I'm not going to accept these negative, know it all comments. I'm going to choose to delete, discard and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Love it... i just bought a "certain" book off amazon and it was so negative and condescending... I just threw it away. Women dont need to read that.. I didnt want anyone else to either.

    ReplyDelete