Saturday, March 19, 2011

Living the Good Life

I’ve said it before, but I need to say it again – I really hit the jackpot with my husband. There are so many traits and characteristics about MP that I love – and his desire not to procrastinate on household projects is one of them.

Like most of my stories – this tangents out to a few stories – but I hope it will all come back to the end, my husband rocks (and so does my life!)

So this past week was my spring break. Which means all I HAD to do was work! Wahoo! I took full advantage of the time to slack – which wasn’t hard as my motivation for school is quickly dwindling. My spring break started with a fun weekend visit from friend Renee, aka, Bart.
Monday was a night to relax – and so we worked on our baby budget – making sure we have what we need and what not. One of the things I wanted was a glider for Ireland’s room. I wanted one of those big soft gliders with the foot rest - but they are stupid expensive. So, my fantastic husband found one for sale at the home of someone with lots of money. I love how he rolls. :) My only request was that it had a white base to match the furniture.

Tuesday I had plans to take my lovely friend Erin out to dinner at the best sushi spot in town, Samurai Blue. Erin is one of those friends that just gives and gives. She does this with a smile on her face and never, not once, asks for anything in return – probably one of the most selfless people I know. She planned my bridal shower last year and helped with wedding stuff, a lot. Additionally, now she is helping to throw me my baby shower. The least I could do was the girl some fantastic sushi! So off we went – and it was great. Afterwards, she went with me to BuyBuyBaby (B3) (LOVE IT way more than Babies R Us) and helped me pick out my bottles and some other stuff to finish my registry. (See, she is always helping!) I tried to treat her to frozen yogurt afterwards as another thank you – but as I gave the lady my debit card, she put $10 in my wallet….Love you girl! We came home to find that MP had secured a white glider for me. Oh, it’s so nice and big and comfy and I love it!!!

While I was out on Tuesday at B3 – I picked up our changing table and crib and brought them home. Wednesday I went to dinner with my other friend Erin who is moving. I came home and wanted to do some extra credit for Dr. Harvard’s class – watch an hour and a half video on suicide. So while I watching something so sad, MP ripped open the changing table box and got to work. Seriously, the box sat in my house less than 24 hours and it was already killing him. It looked so good.

Thursday we took a night off and went to my aunts for a yummy dinner of Corned Beef and all the Irish trimmings. We got home and went to bed fat and happy!

Last night, Friday, I took MP to dinner – since he was feeling left out. Afterwards, he begged me to stop at Home Depot to get some paint to touch up the glider, so I did. I came home and decided to clean and he put the crib together. It looks awesome. So after he moved the furniture in the way I want it, he then began to touch up the paint on the glider.
I really appreciate having a helpful husband. I am blessed and I need to remember this the next time he leaves his dishes in the sink…when the dishwasher is empty. When it really counts, he never lets me down! :)

I guess spring break is over tomorrow. So today I’m going to get a head start on some school work – sitting pool side. Then I’m going to head to a Mexican dinner with my SIL Kim and go see the musical Spring Awakening!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment