Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Such a big miracle in such a tiny girl!


It's officially 'official' - we have a little Irish Princess! :) Litte Miss Ireland Aoife Perry will be joining us in a little over 4 months. CRAZY!

After a long weekend away - Michael and I went into the OB yesterday and had our third sonogram. The sono reveals that our baby is still a little girl. If you recall, we were told quite early that it was a little teeny girl and it was just
re-confirmed!


Its amazing how fast they grow. Two months ago she was merely a peanut inside a big swimming pool. Now she's seemed so much bigger already. Still seems to be a big fan of sucking her thumb, but we only got a half-hearted fist pump yesterday. MP thinks she was already in a 'mood'. :) To suggest she would get that from her mom would be crazy! :)
She's been kicking for about 2 weeks now. I love feeling her little feets! I know, I always get the negative response of "in a few months you will hate it" but I don't care. Right now I love it and people, please: quit being a party ruiner! :) Waa Waa Waa!


Funny Story: MP went to a bachelor party last weekend in Ohio. He called me Saturday morning on his way to get his free breakfast at the hotel. Then he called me about 40 minutes later to report that 15 teenage cheerleader girls were in the hotel eating breakfast at the same time. He reported they were obnoxious and annoying. I asked him, "what are you going to do when there are 15 girls sitting in your kitchen when Ireland hosts a slumber party?" MP, sometimes known to be quick-witted responded "Build my Saloon long before Ireland reaches the slumber party age." HAHA I didn't have the heart to tell him that slumber parties start way earlier than 15 years of age! :) We'll let him figure that one out on his own!


So excited to meet my little Ireland!
AOIFE: (E-Fa) For those of you who don't know, Aoife is the Gaelic version of "Eva', pronouced 'E-Fa'. I learned of this name while in Ireland, and it is one of the most popular Irish girls names. While its hard to read for us Americans, I find it to be simply beautiful in this version. It means "Beautiful, Radiant and Joyful" and I already know that my little girl is all of these things.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Beautiful, Ireland! We cannot wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for you. Love the name and glad you shared the pronunciation and meaning. Simply beautiful. And I love baby kicks all the way through each pregnancy, there is nothing more amazing that a little life growing inside. They get more intense toward the end, but never did I dislike the little reminders that my miracle(s) were preparing to meet me just as I was each of them. So phooey on anyone telling you otherwise. Pregnancy is my favorite life experience hands-down. That, mommy-hood (and yes all the challenges that come with it) and my marriage, by far, top anything else life has ever handed/offered to me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "HAHA I didn't have the heart to tell him that slumber parties start way earlier than 15 years of age! :)"

    I am laughing out loud!
    Memories of spinning endlessly and late night gossip with a dozen other preteens in your bedroom are flooding into my mind!!!

    Congrats on the girl! Look out world!I bet she's gonna be a firecracker just like her mom!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete