Monday, March 7, 2011

Ode to my pregnant feets

MP and I were at Dillards on Saturday. MP has to get specific clothing for a wedding b/c he is the best man at the end of the month. The shirt he has to wear ended up being like $10 b/c they were having a one day sale, so that was like music to my pregnant ears.

I quickly scrambled to the shoe department before MP could say 'lets get out of here' - and found myself in a tiny bit of heaven, surrounded by flip flops, wedges and Bandolino's. Just one pair I told myself.

Really, I need a new pair of black heels. While I don't wear them all the time anymore, I need a new good pair on hand - for weddings, client meetings, etc. I found a bunch of shoes I could have bought in a heartbeat. But, nothing was on sale that I wanted...until I found THE pair on the clearance rack.

FLASHBACK: Back in 2004, I found a pair of Enzo's on sale at Kauffman's in downtown Pittsburgh. Those shoes still live as the most comfortable shoes I ever owned. I wore them all the time to work. They walked many a city block in all kinds of weather and spent many a nigh with me at Bar 11. The little bottom part of the heel had been replaced by Ted Nugent's look alike brother next to PPG too many times. I vaguely remember him telling me that he would not replace them again. I took them to FL with me b/c I was too upset to throw them up. I got a pair of $100 dollar heels for $35 and wore the crap out of them and they were like slippers. However, probably about a year ago I tossed them. It was time to let them go. RIP.

So back to now - on the clearance rack is another pair of Enzo's, cute little platform black heels. I was in love. 7. 5 my size! I tried the right one on - it was perfection. It was as comfortable as I remember and I raced up to the lady and asked her to return its partner to me. She did. My left foot has grown. :( I could hardly squeeze it into a 7.5. :( So sad. My feet are not yet swollen, but they are growing. Now it makes sense why some of my shoes are starting to feel funny and why I feel like my feet are already getting long for my new Rainbows.

I was crushed, I so wanted these shoes. I looked at Michael and said "well, your feet can grow in pregnancy, I think I may be victim to this." He looked at me like I'm a crazy pregnanty person (which I may be, but this was an inappropriate use of this look, I should get penalty flags.) I got a daily email update today from "What to expect when you're expecting" and today's topic sure is FEET GROWTH.

So I guess only time will tell if it was a fluke, or if I'm going to get the fun of buying all new shoes in a new size post-partum! This could be fun! Muwahahahaha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment