Friday, June 24, 2011

T.G.I.F.

Wow! I am so glad it's Friday!

These weeks are just flying by! Tuesday night we finished our series of labor and delivery courses. We finished with a CPR class for infants and child. While we learned a lot over five weeks, we were both glad it was over!

Work wise - I spent the week getting things together to be out. I wouldn't say that I am 100% ready, but if I went out on Monday, we'd be in a lot better shape. I got a ton of work today and delegated a lot of tasks.

Wednesday my dear friend Anne took me to dinner at a Mexican place for my birthday. It was really nice to spend time chatting with her and catching up in person. It was a yummy date!

I woke up Thursday to an adorable card from MP. The best card he's ever gotten me, literally had tears in my eyes. I spent my birthday working and then MP came home and took me to the Hibachi for dinner. It was so scrumptious! We got a small ice cream cake and came home to hang out.

We are very happy that my Fairy Godmother (Aunt Cherry) has agreed to help watch Ireland a few days week once I go back to work. We are really lucky to have such a great family member help out. I think her and Ireland will have a grand time together!

Today, I got my dinner inspiration from my friend Erin. A calzone! I went to the store to get the goods to make a veggie loaded calzone. MP was quite a happy camper. We may or may not have gotten ice cream after dinner! :)

I had a tremendous surprise today. My friend Erin C from high school sent us a box of hand me downs from her one year old girl, Ellie. This box was big enough to fit a few small children in it! To say we were spoiled with her generosity would be a huge understatement. I'm quite certain that I do no need to buy pajamas for the entire first year for Ireland. She got so much mans and jackets and onezies - and the cutest little gap shoes!

It always amazes me how generosity comes from the most interesting ways, from places that you would least expect it. Sometimes you know the people who you think will be giving, and sometimes your assumptions are true, and sometimes they are not. But then something like this happens and I remember there are so many amazing people in this world. We are very blessed to have so many giving, thoughtful people in our lives. Its certaintly a reminder to ensure we behave the same way.

I do not know how to thank ErinC. I know how we will thank her, but it just doesn't seem enough for the hundreds of dollars of clothes she basically just donated to us. But I will honor the request she has - after we use them - donate them or pass them along. Erin, if you read this, THANK YOU!!!

Tomorrow is Pedi's with my Fairy Godmother and naps and hanging out! Sounds like a great way to relax to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment