Monday, November 8, 2010

Hello Poppyseed!

So we've been referring to our developing baby as Poppyseed. Why? Well, because when we first found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, that's only as big as the baby was at the time. Now, in our 5th week, it's the size of an orange seed! They grow so fast! :)

I have to say that I am loving being pregnant with Poppyseed. I never truly thought I would say that. I was not that girl that couldn't wait to be a mom, or couldn't wait to feel a baby inside me. However, now that I am 'ready' for Poppsyeed, I am beyond thrilled. I am elated. I am protective. I'm nervous. I'm petrified. Most of all, I am grateful. I look around that the amount of people who are not as fortunate as myself, people who try to conceive and can't. My heart breaks for them on levels I never understood until I was given this wonderful gift.

I also never thought I would take to blogging. However, I find myself eager to do so. First off, I wanted a place where I can journal for myself. Secondly, I want to be able to share my news with my close network. I don't feel that my entire list Facebook friends need to see my 'belly' at 7 months. I'm not sure my closest friends and family will want to, but you can bet they are the only ones I choose will show it too! So, if you read this then I thank you for being interested and celebrating with us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy we learned the news at the Poppyseed stage because Orange seed doesn't have quite the same ring to it! Orange YOU glad we found out when we did? Get it??? ORANGE!

    I'm FUN-KNEE!

    xo
    Aunt T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, T...Poppyseed is a PERFECT name! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete