Friday, November 5, 2010

We're Pregnant!!!

Ok, I guess I am pregnant, but I really do feel like we are in this together, so I like to say WE! :)

Maybe I should back up first....

On October 30th, Michael and I found out that we are expecting! It was kind of a shock at first. A few days earlier my good friend Erin game over for lunch, pregnancy test in tow. (Thanks, Erin!) I took one and it was negative. Which was fine. I was OK with either outcome. A few days later, still no period, I thought that I'd try again.

MP had just run out to meet a guy for work and I took a break from writing a school paper to pee on the stick. I got back to work and quickly forgot about my test for about 10 minutes. When I walked into the bathroom, I was a bit surprised to see "PREGNANT" in electronic letters across the stick. As I waited for MP to arrive home from his errand, I sat at the table thinking 'OMG, OMG, OMG!' YAY! MP came home and I told him and he was SHOCKED. But good shocked! :)

So after a few more pregnancy tests to confirm, we grew excited, fast.

Halloween night I started to feel sick. By midnight I was felt horrible so I took off Monday. We went to our family doctor to see why I was sick and to get a pregnancy test. Right at 4 weeks, Dr. Sotrop was certain I was pregnant and instead ordered a quantitative test, so we wouldn't have 'official' confirmation until the end of the week. As the week progressed, I was very sick with a sinus infection that moved into my chest. A week later, I am finally feeling better! Being sick is no fun when you can't take any drugs! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to two people who deserve all the happiness in the world! Love you guys! Little poppyseed is so lucky to be a part of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete