Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sore Chest, NA Beer and other JOYS of Pregnancy


We find ourselves at 7 weeks! Yes, count them, 7 whole fun weeks! I swear I am already fatter, my arms, belly and thighs are already my nemesis. My chest is BEYOND sore and already getting bigger. But, it will all be worth it.

I felt comfortable telling two clients today. I only told them b/c lately my morning sickness has been brutal. I've had to reschedule calls b/c I've been afraid I would call dinosaurs on the actual phone. I have a lot of projects coming up with them - plenty of design and discovery calls on the horizon and I needed them to understand if I need to move things around here and there. They were very excited for me and that was very comforting. It's nice when you realize that you've built a nice personal relationship along with your professional one.

We went out for drinks on Saturday. Well, MP went out for drinks. I went out to drink NA beer, be a DD and pretend I was drinking to keep our sacred secret. However, the bartender screwed that up for us!

We had just arrived at Prime Bar at Wiregrass to meet the Duffy's for Josh's birthday. We discretely ordered a NA beer and asked him to bring it in a glass, sans bottle. So as we wait, Tiffany asks me if we are trying to make a baby. As I try to lie, the bartender arrives with a glass...AND a bottle of St. Paulie's NA. No sooner did the failed attempt to lie come out as he pounded the bottle on the table. Tiff's eyes zoomed right in on that bad boy and her eyes lit up. 'ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?' she asked. MP and I couldn't do anything but laugh. BUSTED. Her reaction too was very sweet and heartwarming. I am so lucky to have so many friends who are so happy for us. The night went on...and so did the NA beer. First St. Paulie Girl, I give it a 2.5/5 for fake beer. We moved to the Brass Tap were I had a Becklers, or a Bucklers. Who knows. It was better. maybe a 3.2/5. :) I feel I may need to become an NA enthusiast and rate them all. I've attached a picture of us out celebrating Josh's birthday. To the Duffy's - I can't wait for Quinn to have a new playmate! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment